Fixed or Growth, which is it to be? The mind of a leader.
Fixed or growth mindset – what’s it gonna be?
Were it that simple and such a choice would be a diddle to make!! But as you and I know it the choice is far from simple.
There is no such thing as someone who is playing cool and agreeing with everyone to keep the status quo. That’s a sure way to piss someone off, if not yourself for starters!!
Generally even the most happy go lucky of us have some skeletons in the closet… Should this be the case then you must open the door. Oops, shouldn’t have done that!
Even people like Scrooge, who are just self centered and down right tight with money, as with their emotions, words, hospitality…
So how to switch mindsets?
This is very difficult to do. You must get outside of your comfort zone and from there adopt new attitudes and perceptions.
The fix mindset:
- They believe that their basic qualities are fixed – ‘either I’m good at it or I’m not’;
- When they get frustrated – they give up;
- Challenges? No thanks and what for?
- If I fail, then I’m no good;
- Tell me I’m smart;
- They feel threatened by others success;
- Abilities are the determining factors of everything.
The growth mindset:
- I can learn anything I put my mind to
- Frustration makes the best in me come to the forefront;
- Challenges are good for making me surpass my fears;
- There is no such thing as failure for data is needed to find the right route/methodology;
- Tell me I try hard!
- Your success inspires me to do the same, and better;
- Effort and attitude determine actions, results thus everything.
So how to change from one to the other?
Like everything it takes
- Time and patience, perseverance and the right mentor!
- Books, countless books, audios, to listen to;
- Courses, training webinars, your own efforts;
- Journaling, gratitude journals are great;
- Events – meet others who have already this growth mindset. These are generally the leaders!
- Eventually Perception changes will occur. BELIEVING YOU CAN
- Never stop learning, always be growing.
To help you find out which category you belong to…
Well ask yourself this question…
When was the last time you learned something new? Read a self development book? or an Autobiography?
The main thing is to know you can change and which ever you are – don’t beat yourself up about it. Studies have shown that even children like or dislike a challenge! Thus to know which you are is already a start – the challenge is yours now 😉
Should you like some help with all this you have two possibilities:
You are starting out, then these would be your best tools;
You need more advanced level guidance and here is good too 😉
My why is to bring joy and honour to you, so that you may shine and know you are worthy of peace.
Having gone from a violent relationship (27 years) to single Mum with 4 children, I worked hard. The mind is everything and without a good mindset you can do nothing of value.
I now run my own business, have my own workshops, create my own products and live the life I make for myself. It really all took shape when I met Jay and Stuart. Twas a blessing that I would wish on every single person who is in any violence.