David Foster Wallace goes into depth with this simple poignant story of a white collar worker.
Such is the story of many a person…
It starts everyday again and again:
- alarm clock
- unhealthy lunch on the go
- TV brain dead session
Learn How To Be Extra-ordinary
This is the cycle of so many people!
Have you seen yourself in the schema?
I personally I never ever wanted to jump on this merry go round, but I had no idea where else I could go… Are you on the merry go round?
Do you see how this cycle may come upon you, without you realising it anyway… Without you counting the days, turning into years before you can really see it happening?
And then before you know it you are hanging onto that bar for your sanity… Some days you are literally crying before you ever get out of bed!!
Looking up, looking anywhere and it’s all the same… You can’t breathe
As you try to breathe in and breathe out – the blurriness comes slightly into focus…
It looks the same form above as below, where ever you are on the ladder of success…..
OH NO! How do I get off, get out of this life that I am currently in? Is there no way out?
Your head and your heart begin to pound and pound…
How to really get off once and forall…
To do this you have to change the above routine… This is hard YES because you have to detach yourself from the “comfort” of what seems to be the norm, the comfort of what had been told to you since forever,
- Get a job
- work hard
- have kids
- get a house
- have more kids
- work hard till the end………
Now How to seriously change this routine???
To change how you view things you must rewire your brain… The easiest way to do this is via meditation. Slowly and surely you will change the way you see things and that jumping off is not that scary really. That you can see beauty in everything, be grateful for the smallest of details that before you were oblivious to. For example:
- During the queue in the checkout just contemplate the stillness around you, be grateful that you can buy food, that the supermarket is open, that your car works, that you can read quietly here, that you can have the chance to smile and giggle with the cashier make their day worth while;
- During the rush hour you can listen to an audiobook, podcast, catch up on just quick thigh, eye movement exercises… of all sorts! You may even thank the traffic to enable you to park further away and walk the rest of the way;
- Grateful for the lunch break to go out and touch a tree (hugging a tree, especially an oak (Quercus) is very beneficial), run around the block to oxygenate yourself, try a completely new restaurant that serves soups, veggie food, lebanese falafels…
- Gratitude to turn off the TV a little earlier (or altogether would be a good thing 😉 and getting in the meditation for rest, catching up on your sports mag, new book…
There are just a few examples of how you can jump off the merry go round whilst still in the corporate job, the next step would be ideally to find a way out of the corporate rat race.
How gain better understanding of the new business era?
This again takes a lot of effort on the part of the person doing the research – YOU! Ii was in your shoes not so long ago and yes to think that you can make a living from a digital perspective is daunting. And fear not, everything is explained in this website I made especially, so as you can make an informed decision about it all. I can guarantee you this: it will change your life, perhaps not financially at first, if like me you need some mindset work done initially 😉 but afterwards there is no limit to what you can accomplish, save the limits you impose on yourself! So go out now and be extra-ordinary.